When is the last time one of your donors said “WOW?” The next question that needs to be asked is was it a good WOW or a bad WOW.
I know nonprofits care about their donors, but maybe it’s like some marriages where over time a spouse is taken for granted. Why do anything special for my donors, they will always love us.
That approach has long passed. Look for ways to WOW your donors.
- Donors get a Thank You in less than a week and are really thanked. Not asked for another gift.
- Donors see the impact of their investment.
- Donors get to read in your newsletters about what they did, not what you did.
- Donors get an anniversary card after one year, three years, five years and so on.
- Donors get a Valentine card without an ask.
These are just a few of the many ways you can create a good WOW for your donors. It takes effort, but every lasting relationship does.
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou